- Staff Directory
- Sports Medicine
- 'This week' Schedule
- Season Schedules
- Special Olympics
- Fine Arts
- Student Services
- College/Career (CRC)
- Course Selection
- Health Services
- Learn Suppt. Team (LST)
- Resource Officer (SRO)
- Social Workers
- Student Assistance (SAP)
- Student Records
- Team Leaders
- Link Crew
- Testing Center
- Student Resources
If your child becomes ill or will leave school early, you must email me and your call your child's LST. Refer to your student handbook for that number. Teachers are unable to report an absence or early dismissal to the LST. My classroom phone does not ring, please, in emergencies only, call Esther Beezley at 847-327-7800 x 7088 or Tina Kneisel at 847-327-7800 x7113. My extension is 8029. My preferred method of communication is by email. I generally respond to emails in a timely fashion. If you need me, and email is not appropriate, in cases of the utmost importance, you may have me paged. You may also dial the 847-327-7800 and dial O for the operatior, again for emergencies only. I will be unable to answer emails, phone messages or pages before 7:15am or after 2:50pm, or if other circumstances should arise, such as meetings out of the school or illness.
- If your child becomes ill or will leave school early, you must call the driver of your child's small bus. You can reach Lakeside at 847-263-7619 and ask for David or Leslie. Perhaps, your bus driver will be willing to give a personal contact number to you. Your bus driver is able to reroute and avoid unnecessary waiting time, for the other students who ride your child's bus, when you take the time to be courteous. LHS has a widely varied daily schedule. Information on these schedules can be obtained from the LHS website or your child's assignment notebook.
- Contact the bus company directly if you would like information on the arrival time of your child's bus. The bus company has up to date information and can fill you in on any unusual circumstances which may alter the arrival time of your child's bus. Bus arrival times can also be affected by traffic problems and weather conditions. I would recommend that you do not leave your child to wait for a bus unsupervised.
- I must be informed if your student is to be picked up by any person, other than a parent. Pickup/drop off information is especially important for extracurricular activites. You may, for events on the weekday, email me. If you send in a note with your student, email me as well. Not all notes reach my desks, as students do forget. The note must mention the name of the pickup person, and your emergency contact numbers.
- If your student's bus is delayed, either on the pickup or return route, please call the bus company, or preferably your bus driver. The bus company rarely will call the school to update me on any delays.
- Lakeside Bus Company: 847-263-7619 speak to Leslie or David in that order of priority.
- Refer to the LHS website for calendar dates, bell schedules, daily bulletins, PASS, just to name a few items of interest. Check the LHS website on a regular basis, and become familiar with the content on this extremely useful informational tool.
SEDOL TOURS AND MEETING
Community Life Skills Program classrooms open for visitations on Thursday, January 24, 2012. Email Peggy.VanLake@d128.org for more information.
BEST BUDDIES: Best Buddies will welcome new faculty advisors in August 2011. Although I will no longer be the Best Buddies faculty advisor, I will mentor the new faculty advisor and be available for assistance for both parents and students.
Ms. Lindsay Recsetar and Ms. Nancy Stetter will be the new faculty advisors. Please email either Ms. Bransen and/or Ms. Stetter with your questions about the club. I will still coordinate transportation, and should be informed of your student's club attendance.